Family Portraits are some of the most valuable memories. We design each family's photo shoot according to what they wish to have created. Many clients prefer to have their photo shoot at a special outdoor location that suits their family, while others enjoy the studio setting with their family members.
From the elegant feel to the casual, many options are offered in the studio setting. Outside, the clean urban feel to the edgy is available. We have a lot of fun on our photo shoots, and it shows in the portraits! Our clients have a great time, and their children truely enjoy themselves. We also love pets!
How long will our pictures take to be ready?
Please allow up to a maximum of 10 business days to receive your images back. They may be finished and ready for pick up prior to the 10 business days, if so I will call you for pick up. You may also add on a fast track priority order if you need your images in time for special occasions.
How do I book my family portrait session?
Very simple! You can reserve your photoshoot date by placing a 50% deposit today. You will receive your confirmation by email and you can pay the balance on the day of your photoshoot.
Who own the copyright to my images?
Your family portrait package includes Reprint Rights to your images, which allows for unlimited printing of your images. Unless you choose to purchase a copyright CD of your images, the copyright of your images remain the property of VMG Concepts LLC.
How long is a family portrait session?
A family portrait session will take one hour. If you choose to add a professional makeup artist onto your package, add on an additional 30 -40 minutes to the total time.
Do we get to see all of our images?
Yes! You will be supplied a proofing CD that contains all your original images from your photoshoot. In addition, you will receive photo retouching on your best 10 images, which will also be supplied to you on CD with Reproduction Rights.
What colors and clothes should we wear?
The one time a year that you get the entire family together to capture the growth and beauty of your loved ones with a family portrait, you want to look your absolute best. Here are a few tips to get the most out of your family session.
- Bring a change of outfits! Variety is key. Plan ahead and bring a casual, sporty, and classic look. Usually 2 to 3 outfit changes is plenty.
- Matching outfits work best. One popular family portrait outfit is blue jeans and white shirts. It looks fresh, clean, and simple.
- Props add a personal touch. Bringing a few personal items adds character to your session. My goal is always to reflect the real you! Bringing props can add amazing results to your portraits.
A few more photo secrets to take advantage of...
Most people prefer to look a little slimmer in their photographs. And while its true that the camera adds ten pounds, not to worry! As a professional photographer there are a few tricks to correcting and subtracting a few of those pounds by proper posing, turning your body to a better angle, and adjusting the camera height and angle can all help. But it makes a big difference if you do the following:
- Darker colors are slimming. Consider black, Olive, Grey, Navy, Plum, Burgundy, Dark Brown, or Eggplant.
- Solid colors are slimming.
- One color (darker) head to toe is slimming.
- Vertical lines are slimming, consider vertical pleats or a long chain.
- For an instant flatter stomach try pants with a flat front, No drawstrings, pockets, zippers, or decorations
- No pockets! Avoid alot of bulky pockets that draw attention to the waist area.
- Dark, Dull colors recede (slim), Warm colors advance
- Use eye catching, shiny jewelry or objects to avert attention away from problem areas.
- Simple lines are slimming, consider A line skirts, collared blazers and blouses
- Shoulder pads (small rounded) have a slimming effect
- Heels add height and therefore are slimming on a full length portrait
- An interesting or long neckline draws attention from other areas
- Good posture always makes you look slimmer
All Rights Reserved - Images and Content Copyright 2018 VMG Concepts LLC.
Is it possible to have the family session in our home?
Yes, you may choose to have your family portrait done in your home. If you feel that this would be the ideal setting and comfortable environment for the whole family, I will bring all necessary equipment and lighting on location.
What locations are great for family portraits?
A family portrait is meant to reflect your unique personalities and style. Choosing the right setting is very important. Whether you choose the beautiful beaches, a quiet near by park, or the comfort of your own home, you should always feel completely natural in your environment. to let the real you shine through. Please call to discuss in detail which location is best for your family.
What if I can't make it to my appointment or I need to reschedule?
If you wish to reschedule your appointment please let me know within 7 days prior to your scheduled appointment and I will be happy to make arrangements for you. Failure to do so and missing your appointment will result in a non refundable 50% deposit.
If you wish to cancel your appointment please let me know within 7 days prior to your scheduled appointment and your deposit will be refunded to you. Failure to do so will result in a non refundable 50% deposit.